Organisation of the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme
The province, municipalities, district water boards, Security Regions, the national government, and the regional business community have been working on the elaboration of the Preferential Strategy for the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden region since 2014.
The regional conference of the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme was held in Rotterdam on 4 June 2018. The conference was attended by Delta Programme Commissioner Wim Kuijken, Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb of Rotterdam, and more than 180 participants.
Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme Regional Consultative Body
The Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden region has opted for a consultative body structure, in which the governments involved provide professional and substantive support. Its main tasks are the realisation and further elaboration of the Delta Decision and Preferential Strategy, informing the Delta Programme Commissioner on the progress made, and providing advice regarding the annual proposal for the Delta Programme.
Members of the Regional Consultative Body:
- Mr A. Aboutaleb, Mayor of the municipality of Rotterdam, chairman of the Regional Consultative Body
- Mr D. van der Borg, Mayor of the municipality of Molenwaard
- Mr T. Livius, Director, General Water Policy and Security (Directorate-General for Spatial Development and Water Affairs)
- Mr H. Oosters, Chairman of the Schieland en de Krimpenerwaard district water control board
- Alderman of the municipality of Hellevoetsluis (to be appointed)
- Ms I. de Bondt, Chair of the Hollandse Delta district water board
- Alderman of the municipality of Rotterdam (to be appointed)
- Mr P. Sleeking, Alderman of the municipality of Dordrecht
- Mr P. van Leenen, Alderman of the municipality of Oud-Beijerland
- Ms R. Boere, Alderman of the municipality of Krimpenerwaard
- Mr R. Janssen, member of the Provincial Executive of Zuid-Holland
- Mr S. Poel, Chief Engineer-Director of Rijkswaterstaat West-Netherlands South
Members of the Directors Consultative Body:
- Mr J. Damen, head of the Water and Greenery department, province of Zuid-Holland, Chair of the Directors consultative body
- Mr C. Post, director of the Zuid-Holland South Security Region, representing the four security regions involved in Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden
- Mr A. Molenaar, Chief Resilience Officer, municipality of Rotterdam
- Ms E. Kelder, programme manager Water, municipality of Dordrecht
- Mr M. Zeeman, director of Network Development, Rijkswaterstaat West-Netherlands South
- Mr P. Mollema, member of the management team, Rotterdam Port Authority
- Ms I. Lardinois, Head of the department of Water Policy Scheduling (Directorate-General for Spatial Development and Water Affairs), Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management
- Mr M. Vink, Director, Schieland en de Krimpenerwaard district water control board
Programme team of the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme
The programme team of the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme is composed of staff of the regional government authorities involved. Together they support the implementation of the preferential strategy set down for the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme.
- Ina Konterman (RWS WNZ), programme manager
- Evert van der Meide (province of Zuid-Holland), secretary
- Corjan Gebraad (municipality of Rotterdam)
- Nick van Barneveld (municipality of Rotterdam)
- Pim Neefjes (RWS WNZ)
- Rik Heinen (municipality of Dordrecht)
- Liesbeth van Biene (Zuid-Holland South security region)
- Corrie de Jongh
- Gijs Bloemberg (Delfland district water control board)
- Robert Vos (RWS WVL)
- Defne Osmanoglou (RWS WVL)
To contact the programme team of the Rhine Estuary-Drechtsteden Delta Programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.